Friday, 3 January 2020

Anxiety triggering masturbation in 9byear old... Dear god help!


So I've never posted before, I don't even really know how this all works! But I am at a loss with my daughter and I'm really needing some direction.So.... My daughter E is almost 9, and was diagnosed with ASD in 2018. She masks her autism so well, that it's difficult to see her traits unless you really know her well. But as a result of this, she has really high anxiety, and is terrified of everything. She is always on such high alert and doesn't like being left alone incase something bad happens. It's exhausting... For us all but especially her. She has always come up with really clever ways to mask her challenges, she tics loads, picks her skin, holds her breath, but the most difficult to manage is her need to touch her genitals. She rubs herself when her anxiety gets too high or she's not coping in a situation, and has done this since she was 2. I have banged my head against a wall for the past 6 years trying to get help for her, but we are constantly dismissed. I've tried talking to her about privacy and what's appropriate but to her it helps sooth her and she really I believe can't help it. What do I do 😞 we are all miserable. It stops her going out some days, and even stops her going to school. Any advice would be great. Thank you x via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/36r0jLa

No comments:

Post a Comment