Saturday, 4 January 2020

I can't stop my three year old stressing about the fires


We live on the south east coast of Australia and are currently in the midst of some horrendous bushfires. We packed the cars a couple of days ago and are basically just waiting now. Our three year old daughter is apparently a lot more aware of what's going on than I gave her credit for, and is obviously picking up on our emotions as well. She's gone from sleeping through the night consistently, to waking up every hour or so screaming. She's constantly asking questions about the fires and if we need to leave. As much as we reassure her that we'll all be fine, we just can't get her to not stress about them. Our family lives up north in Sydney and the roads have been cut off for awhile now so we can't just head up there. I feel like I've tried everything and it's breaking my heart to see her like this.. I'm open to any suggestions/ideas. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2SVluRJ

No comments:

Post a Comment