Saturday, 4 January 2020

Husband of the Year (already)


3 days into 2020 and my husband is already amazing me. We’re on vacation with my family and after a semi-stressful evening of loud game playing (esp for him as an introvert) he wrangles our screaming/sobbing/overstimulated 4m baby into pajamas and gets her all ready for bed while I am packing stuff and basically in my own little world. When I’m done and have brushed my teeth etc., my my husband, sweating now, hands her to me and goes out of the room to get ready for bed, I assume. So I feed her (via my boobs so I’m basically stuck in bed until she goes to sleep) and then pass out only to wake up a little while later to him flopping into bed. We lay there for a while on our phones and bbgurl wakes up to feed again and he goes to the bathroom again and asks if I need anything. I say water and settle back in to feed the babe. I get a message a few minutes later saying the water is on the way but he’s just stuck in the bathroom. Turns out he was having really bad stomach issues and crazy diarrhea, but didn’t say a word about it until it inconvenienced me (slightly). This man lovingly changed and dressed his screaming child and patiently took care of me while I basically ignored him. Not to mention that the poor guy didn’t know where my mom had put the extra toilet paper and had been using paper towels AND we didn’t have any medicine for him so he just had to wait it out. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/37CBBHQ

No comments:

Post a Comment