Tuesday, 24 December 2019

Spouse Spoils Christmas Gift Surprise


I came home from work early Christmas Eve to my 5 year old exclaiming “Daddy told me what I am getting for Christmas!!” In my family we have decided to tell the kids that Santa brings a couple of gifts and then we all get gifts for each other too. So, he doesn’t know what Santa will bring him, just what we (I) got him. I am very annoyed with my husband. I have done all the planning, shopping, and wrapping of the gifts and I don’t even get to enjoy the look of surprise on my son’s face on Christmas morning.I am bummed and I told my husband he has taken away my joy. My spouse has stopped talking to me, and I suspect he feels like I have been cruel in telling him how I really feel so bluntly and is upset about the whole situation — he isn’t the most forthcoming in sharing his feelings, he just shuts down. I am not sure if I’m overreacting (hello, 3rd trimester pregnancy hormones) or if I am justified in feeling upset. I know he didn’t intend to ruin the surprise but he did... via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2EOyVux

No comments:

Post a Comment