
I have 3 daughters, and had our 4th and final baby in Aug. He was a boy and we are so happy with our completed family.But guys. My family is really obnoxious and borderline innapropriate/creepy/sexistMy grandmother's and MIL and Mother are obsessed with my baby son. They absolutely GUSH over him anytime they're over, largely ignoring my daughters, even my youngest daughter who is 3. They call him a "king" and shower him in presents. And my mother....she KEEPS saying things to me like "ISNT THE LOVE FOR YOUR SON SO MAGICAL AND DIFFERENT" and I just reply ".....no?.....I love him exactly as much as I love my girls when they were this age?" But she KEEPS SAYING IT. "I TOLD YOU THE LOVE WOULD JUST BE....DIFFERENT!" "ARENT YOU SHOCKED AT HOW IN LOVE YOU ARE WITH HIM????" "no mom I'm honestly not at all....."And I hate feeling like I'm DOWNPLAYING my love for my son. I love him SO MUCH- OBVIOUSLY!! but I always feel like I need to remind my mother that just because He is the only one with a penis doesn't mean I love him more or different????Also, I am the oldest of 3. My 2 younger sibs are boys, does this mean she didn't love me as much???? Obviously not but it sure stings everytime she says these things.Why is my family so obsessed and annoying????? Does anyone else experience This? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/361t8hn
No comments:
Post a Comment