
Almost 2 years ago, my boy started asking for a dirt bike. I was not thrilled. Risk of bodily injury and all that. Husband and I discussed, and told kiddo that he could have a dirt bike if he saved up and bought it himself. I figured there was a good chance kiddo would forget about it/move on/find other things to spend money on, and if he did manage to save up for it, it would be a great life lesson.So he's been doing odd jobs, shoveling snow and doing lawn work for family members, putting away all his Christmas and birthday money. This week he decided to count it up and see how much he has.The kid has almost 300 bucks saved. Enough to buy a fixer-upper that he can work on with Dad, or getting close to being able to get a newer running one. And he is still 100% committed to buying one.I'm fucking proud of him! He kept a singular goal in mind for 2 YEARS, and busted his ass to make it happen. I'm just SO impressed I had to share :) via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZkFwWR
No comments:
Post a Comment