Saturday, 2 February 2019

Today was the most stressful day as a parent for 4 and a 1/2 years


I think I have just experienced the most stressful day as a parent for the past 4 and a 1/2 year. Today my wife and I flew with my 4 and 1/2 year old son and 2 and 1/2 year old daughter in a 5 and 1/2 hour flight. The plane has 3 seats on each side. My son sat on the window seat, my wife sat in the middle, my daughter sat in the isle seat, and I sat in the isle seat across from my daughter. As we're waiting for the plane to take off, I noticed that the lady that sat in front of my daughter kept looking back at my son. Then I stopped doing my thing and I tried to see what's going on. It turned out that she did that whenever my son started talking. My son didn't yell or scream, to me he was talking in a normal voice, maybe louder than usual because it's loud inside a plane, but it wasn't loud enough to be annoying. The lady kept doing that and she made it more and more obvious like she was about to confront my wife. After a few more times, I finally couldn't take it and I said "he's 4 years old, what do you want from him? Relax, he's just a kid." I don't remember if she turned and looked at me, but she shook her head and didn't turn and look at my son again. Then the plane took off and about 1/2 an hour or an hour later. I noticed that the guy that sat in front of my son started turning his head to look at my son and wife. (The 3 of them in the front knew each other). This whole time my son was only talking to my wife, playing games on his ipad, and not bothering anyone else. He definitely didn't scream or throw tantrum. I seriously didn't know what the fuck was his problem. Are people not allowed to talk on the plane? As he continued to turn to my wife and son, I started to look towards my wife and son's direction, which I could make eye contact with him. After a few times we made eye contact, he began to turn more frequently, then shook his head, and gave me this annoying shit face like my son just committed a felony. It got to a point that he would turn whenever my son and daughter made any noise. My wife was so stressed out from all of this. She even asked me if my son was being loud and bothering people. Later after we got home, she told me she got so stressed out that she even cried. She told me at one point she said something to him but he either didn't hear her or he ignored her. I wanted to say something but because he was sitting a few seats away from me so I pretty much had to yell in order for him to hear it. This was going on for 5 and a 1/2 hours. We're all stuck on the plane and couldn't leave. I was mad, stressed, and helpless for 5 and a 1/2 hours. What made it worse was I knew my kids were doing a damn good job to behave nicely for 5 and a 1/2 hours when they're bored, tired and hungry and these assholes had to make something out of nothing. What's more surprising was that they're in their 50s or 60s. they probably have kids or even grand kids so they've been through this shit. Anyway, I don't know why I created this post, but after I wrote this I am feeling better now so I can finally go to sleep. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Gj9QK5

No comments:

Post a Comment