
Went grocery shopping with my 2 year old son. He loves helping me push the buggy and putting stuff in the cart.Yesterday he kept goofing off and I wasn't in the mood. He kept pushing the buggy back everytime I tried walking forward, so I calmly told him "mommy's in a hurry today honey, let's ride in the buggy."I was in the middle of the aisle and a woman was trying to pass. I apologized while I loaded him into the cart.The woman chuckled and said "I've got kids and several grandkids of my own. I completely understand."That's when I jokingly said "want to adopt another one?" She laughed and said no thanks.At that point, a nearby worker stopped stocking the shelves, and looked at me incredulous. The worker turned toward the woman and loudly said "I can't believe she said that" and actually thought I was going to pass my son off to some stranger.The woman quickly reassured the worker and said "I think she is joking. We've all felt that way before."I kept walking. Half expecting the worker to track me down with law enforcement or something.Tl;dr made a joke and almost got in trouble via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2F7sIYi
No comments:
Post a Comment