Sunday, 22 April 2018

Bicycling with kids- am I right or wrong?


My husband is a cycling enthusiast. We live in an urban, yet residential area that has many bike lanes that are, sadly, ignored by most motorists. Cars speed and ignore basic safety rules (our city is known for its bad drivers).During the past two years, both my husband and his father have been involved in major accidents with cars while riding their bikes. Neither has fully recovered from their accidents. In fact, my husband is about to receive a decent sum of money from a settlement with insurance based on his injuries.My husband wants to take our 6 year old son out on the same road these accidents occurred- using a pedal behind bike. I do not agree that it is safe to take our son out on these roads. We have a safe bike path nearby which I have zero problem with them using- but taking our kid on a high-traffic road which we know is prone to accidents is, in my opinion, too great a risk.I told my husband he can choose to ride these roads if he chooses as he is an adult, but I won’t allow him to take our kid. He is extremely angry with me as a result.I think I’ve already offered the best compromise, which is to utilize the bike path. Is there another option that I’m missing? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2F7U7cz

No comments:

Post a Comment