
I’ve been seeing a lot of posts about race and how to talk about it lately. I’m a black women and my first memorable experience with being a different race was negative. I was told that I was brown therefore I looked like shit. My husband who is white never remembers a time that it wasn’t a simple observation.My son’s biracial but he’s only one. It never comes up. He only play with other biracial kids. I didn’t do this on purpose just how it is. Even his older cousins(4 and 5) have very little concept of race. They know they’re brown and one or both parents are white and that’s just how it is no questions asked. My son looks more like his father same skin tone hair and eyes. They’ve never asked any questions I’m just my son’s mom and that’s how it is.One day someone is gonna to ask that question but when does that even start?EDIT: I’ve actually had one kid ask about my son’s skin tone and she was 9. She was curious but scared to say anything. She basically asked if I’m black how is my son white. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2Fcji2R
No comments:
Post a Comment