
My parents worked a lot and my Grandma was always there to help them with us kids. My partner's mum had her mother practically living with her and assisting with her kids. They never had to pay for daycare or babysitters. That was just how it was.So where the hell are they for us now we have kids? They've been there and done that already they say. This is their time to have easy visits and holidays. Of my four children only the oldest two have ever had sleepovers with them. They are too hard under the age of seven or eight. My youngest is two so by the time I have a night to myself it will have been around 15 years hard time haha.I know we aren't alone in this as I have heard the same thing from many of my parent friends. So much that we have all stepped in to take that role for each other that our parents are neglecting. I also know there are boomer grandparents who are going above and beyond and I respect and admire them for that.What about you guys? Are your parents there to help or are they too tired and busy? Sorry for the grumble, I'm very very tired ;) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2H7Fx6t
No comments:
Post a Comment