Sunday, 4 March 2018

Parenting Achievement unlocked: pooping in the ditch of a busy highway, in the dark. Bonus: dropping your wallet and having to find the same spot after an hour round trip.


We were on the way home tonight from visiting my parents for the weekend when my son (2yr 8mo) announced he needed to potty. The road we were on is a busy 2 lane US highway in the middle of a rural area. We stopped at the next driveway we came to to have a wider shoulder. Kid does his business while I help him squat and we get back on the road.About half an hour later we roll in to the driveway and as I'm walking in the door I go to put my wallet in it's spot by the door and it isn't in my jacket pocket. After tossing the inside of the car, I decide there is only one thing left to do: go back for it.Luckily I am pretty familiar with the road and had a good idea of the location where we stopped. Loaded up the flashlight with new batteries, and drove the 30 minutes back to the spot.I only had to stop twice to find the right spot, and it was right there where he did his business. I've never felt so relieved. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tf523z

No comments:

Post a Comment