
I am going through a really rough depression right now. My wife and I were explaining to the girls B (11) and A (10) about how I'm feeling, how it has nothing to do with them, and how I manage my overwhelming thoughts and feelings in a way that is most beneficial to myself as well as the people around me.When I'm done talking, B looks at me and says "you are very self aware"That was like a little spark. Maybe I'm not fucking up as a (step) parent, and things that I've tried to teach them are making it through. And the fact she knows that what I was explaining is how I am aware of my illness, and how best to manage it, makes me proud.After the absolute hell I've been swimming in, thanks for throwing me a rope kid :) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FQeDQR
No comments:
Post a Comment