Tuesday, 6 March 2018

I Return Her To You...


Just wanted to share a letter my daughter's Kindergarten teacher sent home to each parent on the last day of school... not a dry eye in our house after reading it...even years later...Dear Parents,I give you back your child today...The same little girl you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give her back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible and more mature than she was then. Although she would have attained this growth in spite of me, it has been my happy privilege to watch her personality unfold day by day and marvel at this splendid miracle of development. I have thrilled at each new achievement, each new success, each new expansion of self.I give her back reluctantly, for having spent many months together in the narrow confines of a crowded classroom, we have grown closer, have become a part of each other and we shall retain a little of each other.Ten years from now if we meet on the street, your child and I, a light will spring to our eyes and a smile to our lips and we shall feel a bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today. We have lived together this year. I wish it could go on forever but I give her back to you, I must. Take care of her, for she is precious.Remember that I shall always be interested in your child whenever she goes and whomever she becomes. Her joys and sorrows I’ll be happy to share. Please let me know if there is anything further I can ever do for her.I shall always be your friend,Sincerely... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2HaBiai

No comments:

Post a Comment