
This breaks my heart so, so much. My 5 year old daughter, just started kindergarten and on her 2nd or 3rd day she came home crying and saying she thinks she’s ugly because she has brown hair, eyes and skin. I told her and explain to her, how just how beautiful she in on the inside and outside and listed all her qualities ect, but she was so upset and it was a horrible thing to hear as a mother.I am white, with blue eyes and then blonde hair and have never had to deal with this type of thought. I really don’t know what I can do or say to actually make her believe she is so beautiful just the way she is.After she did said these things, I decided to dye my hair brown (but not say anything about it to my daughter, I told her I changed it because I like the colour, which she was super happy about) I also changed my favourite colour from blue to brown and told her I can like more than one colour at a time (again, I did this in a way which she didn’t see as a straight connection to what she had said about herself). I don’t even know if I’m doing the right things, I have explained to her, how everyone is different in so many different ways and she excepts that and seems to understand that easy enough. However, when it comes to herself, she seems to disregard that everyone is different and truely believes she’s ugly.I’ve talked to her kindergarten teachers about a possible bullying thing, but does anyone have any advice on what I could say or do or not do. Anything would be much appreciated. It breaks my heart so much. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FvlwcP
No comments:
Post a Comment