
my daughter is 5 years old and was diagnosed with autism at the age of 2. She is in a special needs school, does well in school and has recently become more verbal. We are truly amazed by how well shes doing and we are so thankful. But we have a problem with her urine and BM.... in other words, she wont stay dressed to keep a pull up on and won't use the potty.... so she pees and poops literally everywhere.we have tried so many things, literally everything we can think of too either keep a pull up on her or to potty train her.... we've been going on 8 months of trying to potty train her, we are sucessful 10% of the time and usually its just pure luck that she pees on the potty.... praise doesnt seem to do anything, neither does rewards.her bedroom reeks of urine, we rent and we have to steam clean her carpet twice a week. She pees on her bed, luckily we have 10+ mattress pads and sheets and blankets..... but it does mean that we are washing all 30+ items weekly. She has no concept of 'gross' so just leaving it doesnt work... she'll just lay in it and get a horribly itchy rash.To keep a pull up on her is basically like trying to put a diaper on a cat.... it just doesnt happen, it comes off in seconds. We have a camera in her room and watch as shes about to take it off and go in there and tell her 'no, that has to stay on" she giggles and stops.... only to take it off while we arent looking. We have tried keeping pants over it, zippered footless pj onesies (sadly, this was the only thing that worked 2 years ago as well..... but then she figured out of to undo zippers, putting it on backwards makes it tug weirdly and she just can't handle that on a sensory level so... that out of the question as well)though she can go on the potty, we cannot keep the bathroom door open for her, as she tries to flush clothes and stuffed animals down the toilet.... costed us a $300 'fine' with out landlord 3 times now. Its a sensory fullfillment that I cannot duplicate elsewhere for her.... so I have no choice but to just barre her from the bathroom unless she asks.... which she doesnt, because she does not possess the ability too (she uses the pecs system, but won't for the bathroom) She will come into the livingroom, and suddenly just pee. She poops on the floor as well, there are so many times I wake up in the morning and the entire apartment has pee and poop all over it because she decides to wake up in the middle of the night and wonder about... my SO now has to sleep in the living room to catch her and fight with her to get her to stay in bed. We now all only get about 4 hours of sleep a day.On top of it all, I have an infant son who will start crawling soon. I don't want urine and feces on the floor. I don't know what to do... but I feel like I have a puppy rather then a daughter at this point. I am tried of this kid destorying everything in my house, my landlord as already said that he'll need to bill us extra over the security deposit when we do move out to repair this place. I just don't know, shes been cleared medically, has had every test in the book.... she just doesn't care, there is no benefit to her going on the potty and there is no benefit to being dressed either. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2F6XYM6
No comments:
Post a Comment