
He is nearly 8 months old and for the past three months I have been able to put him in his cot wide awake and stroke his head and hold his hand until he falls asleep. This normally takes about ten minutes or less. His cot is pushed up to my bed with the side down. If he wakes in the night he often needs me to give him his dummy and hold his hand until he falls back to sleep. I would like to work towards getting him in his own room so I would like to encourage him to settle himself if he wakes in the night. I just don't know how to move away from the head stroking and hand holding. If I try just lying beside him he just crawls over to me and reaches out too me and I can't refuse when he does that. What is my next step? I'm not in any rush so if what I'm doing is good enough for him to figure it out eventually then that is fine. I won't be letting him cry it out. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BApf7G
No comments:
Post a Comment