
Can a speech or language delay interfere with using gestures such as nodding, waving, pointing ?My 16 month old has 3 approximations ( sounds that sound almost like the word) NO, MORE and MUM. I hear them pretty rarely and never when I ask her to repeat it.She seems to understand most of what I say to her like come here, no, do you want the TV on, are you hungry, let's go , bath time ect ect ect ...She's slowly learning to point but it's very slow. She does react when we enter a room, she's cuddly and gives kisses freely, her eye contact is fine I guess, she likes books and jumping around the couch, loves going in the car. But she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth and is only just starting to play appropriately with her toys. Serious TV addiction to the wiggles...But because she does use many gestures in getting kinda worried about the possibility of autism. She flaps her hands sometimes when she's excited... should I be very worried ? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2zL9SEn
No comments:
Post a Comment