
My in-laws are extremely proud and extremely stubborn people, especially my MiL. They are big into nostalgia and often give heirloom toys and books etc as gifts.My MIL and I have a very shaky relationship, to preface. We rarely see eye-to-eye, though I think we generally understand that the other comes from a well-meaning place.She told me, in a rare display of openness, that she's excited to give our 7mo daughter these small knick-knack toys from her childhood...that are 100% choking hazards. Not borderline at all. She wants photos of our daughter playing with them on Christmas morning. She has historically lost her temper over my husband and I being "controlling" I.e., letting her know new safety regulations. I didn't say much beyond it being a lovely thought, since like I said, it's rare that she's open with me at all.My husband is distressed that this could ruin Christmas morning (our first with our baby and we've been so excited)Any advice for how we can express gratitude for the thought but get out of our daughter playing with serious, actual choking hazards? Without drama? Obviously she's not playing with them no matter what (our kid especially puts things right in the mouth), but I'm worried saying "Oh she'll love these so much when she's older / we can't wait to display these" will lead to huffing and puffing, and potential deep offense. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2BTi47J
No comments:
Post a Comment