
My older daughter just turned 5 a couple of weeks ago. She loves preschool and her friends. She has a best firl friend and a best boy friend. Everyone in this class hugs (they are all affection and sweet kids). One little boy (the son of a friend my husband has known since high school) likes out daughter and she likes him. They ask to send cute notes and say they want to get married when they grow up. I have zero issue with this. In my eyes, they are just friends modeling grown up behavior. My husband and I are truly best friends, so it makes sense that is how she views marriage, as well as how her friend does. I think it is more about being grown ups than anything else. There is no kissing or anything like that. He got her flowers with an "I love you," balloon. I honestly don't treat it like anytjing other than being friends. If she says she wants to marry him when she grows up I tell her maybe she will or maybe she will cjange her mind and that is okay. My mom ia telling me to, and ai quote, "nip this in the bud," and discourage it. My husband is a bit unconfortable because he doesn't want her to think she needs a boyfriend, but agrees they are just being cute kids and that we should just keep an eye one it. I tell my girls that they can marry anyone they want as long as they are good to each other or they can choose to not get married. It is whatwver makes them happy. I guess I just want to know if this is a good approach. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2plY7Ud
No comments:
Post a Comment