
My daughter is almost 3 years old and she refuses to use the toilet. When she was near 2 years old, she showed interest in the potty, we bought one, she sit (always with clothes) and played with it, imitating me. But she hadn't control at all, just playing. That interest fade away, and now we are in a situation where see refuses to sit. I think she can control it, she knows when she needs to pee or poo. But now she doesn't want.In the summer I tried everything I could find on the internet, behavoural techniques, praising, modeling, playing with dolls, buying nice underwear (paw patrol!)... And nothing.The other day I forced her to use it... It was after bath time, and she said: "fast mum! My diaper!". And me... " do you have to pee? Try it here!". She said no, I said yes. I tried to sold it as a game, with one of her toys cheering for her and as an example you can do this! Look, I do it too! she both laughed and cried... Finally she did it, she couldn't hold it anymore. I praised her a lot and she was proud.Now: she is still proud of peeing that day, but refuses to try again "I want in the diaper".So now I'm torn between two parental styles inside me..Tolerant one, just respect her, she will learn some day, keep offering but not pushing.Force it. Push her in the next holidays, just say "ups, we are out of diapers! We just have enough for naps and sleeping". And put her her paw patrol underwear and see what happens.Any advices is welcome, I'm totally open for other options. Also, if anyone has experience trying to force it like in number two how was it, succes or disaster?Thank you all. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jb0CmY
No comments:
Post a Comment