Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Toddler advice for sleep


My toddler is almost 3 and she haven't been sleeping in her own room for a few weeks. She sleeps in her bed at 8pm, amid a lot of crying that she wants me and wraps her arms around my neck very forcefully everyday. I usually have to force her off my neck and quickly close the door. She cries for 3-5 mins then falls asleep.During the night, she would wake up and come to our room without waking us up. We told her in the past she cant sleep in the bed with us, so she decides to sleep on the floor! She been sleeping on the floor every night for the last week. I really don't know what is the right parenting here. Should I continue letting her sleep on the floor? We have tried walking her back to her room but all we get is screaming cries and more neck choking (our neck).We tell her throughout the day that she needs to stay in her room and she agrees but once it comes to sleep, her other side kicks in and disregards it. I know she is 3 but I also don't want her to develop a habit that she should sleep with us.We have tried "locking" her door and that fixed it for a week. Then she realized we didn't actually lock her door, it was a switch that she just had to move to get the door opened. Ugh! So smart. Just fyi, we have a camera in the room so please no criticism.Thanks via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2sOEd5t

No comments:

Post a Comment