Friday, 21 April 2017

What to do about my step son hating me? (He's 16M)


I've been married to his father for 9 years. His parents have been split up since before he was born.He's never been rude or nasty to me. He's very respectful, but that's the part that made me worry. With me and the 3 children his father and I have had together, he's very formal and robotic in how he treats us. I thought at first this was just his personality, but with his father and friends from school and sports he's an entirely different boy.He's playful, he's funny, he's cm extremely charismatic and he's very cold and formal with myself and his siblings.Last week he and I were home alone for two days and as we were eating dinner together I decided to talk to him about it. I asked him if I'd done anything that made him upset or hurt his feelings. I also told him that he was free to say whatever he wanted.What he said was very gut punching to hear. "Micaela, honestly, I just don't like you guys. I don't actively dislike you, but I don't like you either. At all. But you're married to my dad and we all have to live together so I'm not gonna go and make trouble for everyone. It's just that I don't feel anything for you guys."That really stunned me. He was so cavalier and calm about it. He barely looked up from his food when he said it.I've treated him as my own son since I got serious with his father. I've always loved and admired him and to hear that he feels nothing for me or his younger siblings (siblings he's GREAT at helping with) was shocking, to say the least.What can I do about this? I'm not sure about telling his father because I don't want his father to confront him and then he'll feel like I betrayed his trust. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2pN4hM3

No comments:

Post a Comment