Friday, 21 April 2017

Sick toddler help


Hey guys. I've tried calling my 2 year old's doctors office to speak with a nurse but I was left on hold without speaking to anyone for over 30 minutes. So I figured I'd get some insight here.My recently turned 2 year old is super sick for the first time. He's had light colds before but this time he's got a bit of a higher temp (101.2, but it didn't complete the reading as he kept moving away from me). He has been sleeping on and off all day, cranky and won't drink anything at all. He threw up about 3 hours ago (just his juice) and then ate some apple sauce. I'm mostly worried because I can't get any fluids into him and barely any Tylenol. I did manage about 2.5ml which took almost 10 minutes of failed attempts.He hasn't filled a full diaper all day - normally he fills probably 3-5. I'm just wondering at what point do I start to worry that he's not hydrated enough? I don't have any popsicles in the house and I can't bring him to the store with me in his current state. And, is it okay to let him sleep as much as he wants during the day? I know he needs enough rest, just wondering how much is too much.Just a little worried over here. My little guy is usually super tough and outgoing and it's hard seeing him like this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ouzwIc

No comments:

Post a Comment