
Hey guys. Some of you may remember the post I made a week ago about becoming a single mom. It was easier than I thought, bt I should have known life would come crashing down sooner or later. 3 days after I posted my first post on this sub, I was let go from my job. I knew the place I'd been working for was downsizing, but my boss knowing my predicament promised me I wouldn't be one of the ones who lost their job. I probably shouldnt have put that much faith into her words but I did. And now I'm jobless. I filed for unemployment online and was granted $217/week, but that doesn't go in effect until the first week of February. Currently going through the process of getting food stamps so I can feed myself and my daughter.I was able to get an order of protecttion against my daughter's father. He's not to have any contact with me because of how much he harassed me when we left. Part of me wants to go after him for child support, because well, we could really use it. The other part of me doesnt, because he's not sober, I don't know if he will ever get sober. I dont want him neglecting my daughter if he were to get partial custody of her.Thankfully before I got let go, I had a little bit of money saved up. We're covered for the hotel until Thursday. I dont know where we re going to go after that. I can sleep in my car without an issue (wouldnt be the first time I've done it) but I'm so scared for my daughter. I feel like a failure. I still feel guilty. The only women's shelter here can't take us in until sometime in February.Life sucks right now. That's all I can say. I didn't see myself being a single mom at 19. But I also didn't think the man I would have a baby with would turn out to love his drugs more than his own flesh and blood. I'm still so thankful for what my boss did for us when we first left. I'm thankful for my co workers who got together and gave us a butt load of diapers and wipes and formula.But I'm still so scared. I don't know where to go from here. The past couple of weeks, I've felt nothing but guilt and shame. The way people look at me when I bring my daughter into public places is enough to make me want to become a hermit. I had some crazy person accuse of me being a welfare queen when I went to apply for EBT in person. I am terrified for the future for my daughter. It's times like these where I really wish I had a mom figure in my life to help me sort this shit out because I definitely don't know what I'm doingI don't know if anyone on this sub can be of any help. But I have no one to talk to about this and it's awkward telling people I went to high school "Oh yeah my daughter's father is a drug addict and would leave my baby in shit filled diapers and wouldn't feed her while I was working"Someone please tell me it gets better from here via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jVMWO5
No comments:
Post a Comment