
He never listens to me or mom. He never seems to learn from mistakes. He gets in trouble for various things and it's always about how we've done him wrong when we punish him. While we are simply just trying to teach a lesson and hope it doesn't happen again. But it's the same speech everyday it seems. He never seems to grasp consequences. Is this normal for 5 year olds?He was the sweetest kid before we had an unexpected 2nd child. The world revolved around him and now our second demands a lot of attention so often times he's left by himself while Mom breast feeds the baby or struggles for 30 minutes to get him down for a nap. I work during the days so I'm not there to pick up the slack.Are there any suggestions for what we should do to get him to understand that his actions have consequences?I often wonder who he would be today if we didn't have another one. I could add a lot more, and may later on. I just wanted to get this out there because it's driving me crazy the way he acts. He's a very sweet kid and I know he probably just feels slighted and acts out as a result.Does anyone have a similar experience they would be willing to share? Thanks via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2i7eKuQ
No comments:
Post a Comment