
My daughter is twenty one months old. She's never had a haircut. Her hair is almost at the point where it will get in the way of her eyes if we don't secure it out of the way. The back of her hair is also starting to get covered in porridge etc. when she eats.How can I secure her hair though without the risk of her choking?She still puts everything in her mouth. She would definitely do that with hair clips and hair ties. I've tried headbands and she pulls them straight out. That's if she lets me put them in her hair in the first place. Although a picture of health, she is really, really tiny for her size and has thin hair and a small head. Many clips or ties would fall out even if I did them up very tightly.She's also extremely strong and dexterous. She can use adult chopsticks to demolish a bowl of rice at high speed, use tongs to pick up thin slices of strawberries, strong enough to peg and unpeg things with normal clothes pegs, use adult sized cutlery to cut up and eat a steak and has been successfully self feeding with a spoon since she was eight months old. She can also unclip herself from her pram and high chair, unclip her seatbelt in the car and wriggle out of her seatbelt without undoing it even if it's done up tightly enough to somewhat restrict her breathing. She has been able to open all four of the baby gates we have tried and undo the child locks on all of our drawers.I don't think I could do up a normal hair tie tightly enough to stop her from being able to take it out. I'm sure she'd quickly figure out most clips too.I don't want to be anxiously watching her like a hawk all day. We go in the car a lot too. It's not uncommon for us to do five trips in a day. I can't watch her then and I don't want to be forever doing her hair and taking it out again. I'm also pregnant with her sister due in a few months. I need to be able to leave her unattended for periods of time while I change her sister's nappies etc.I don't want to have to get her hair cut. I suspect she won't let anyone do it at this stage of we tried. Are there any other (safe) options?Help!Has anyone else had a kid with quirks like mine? How did you deal with their hair? Suggestions would be very welcome.If you have any product recommendations I live in Australia for context.Thank you. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2jtbsma
No comments:
Post a Comment