
Our son is six years old and his father and I divorced when he was three. We have fifty-fifty custody and a good co-parenting relationship.Before the quarantine, my son would usually spend 3 days with me and 4 with his dad per week, depending on our work schedules. Since the quarantine (both out of work), we’ve been having him off and on every 3 days and then switching.My sons comments have been happening for a long time. He says several times a day how he’s sad because he misses daddy and wants daddy with him, always asking when he’s going to go back over there, saying he wants to spend more days with him, and generally talking up what they do there versus here.I am confident he doesn’t say these things to his dad about me or wanting to be with me. The only times he EVER misses me openly is when he’s away from me for a really long time, either with grandparents or his dad if I’m gone.I have always had a really hard time dealing with this, but more-so now that he’s one of only two people I can see. I love him so much and I always have felt like I’m not a good enough mother, but I just wish he had the same affections for me as he does for his dad.If anyone has any advice on how to help talk to him about how he’s feeling or also to help me cope with this/understand it better, I would really appreciate it. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34NCY6w
No comments:
Post a Comment