Saturday, 18 April 2020

📢❗Gentle Reminders & Updates❗⏰


I [hopefully] 🙌 updated our weekly pinned threads. They were bumping each other out of place so quickly it felt like they weren't getting the attention they needed. I also stopped a few that had not been popular for a long time.We're nearly 2 weeks out from the changes to COVID posts. They have been tweaked a little in the background. Yes, non-COVID posts are sometimes getting an auto-comment but I can't stop people from talking about it when it's not related! The auto-comment only happens when people talk about the virus, being in lockdown/quarantine/isolation, etc. A lot of posts just have some qualifier like, "Now that we're home for the quarantine it seems like a good time to potty train!" I can't stop people from people-ing.I am still regularly updating the💗Coronacomforts MegaList💗Google Doc. I have updated it more often than the Wiki...though new links have slowed down a lot the further we get into this. I also included two or three recent articles from major media publishers...about kids wearing masks, kids coping, etc. It just seemed like important information for parents to know.There is also information about emergency diapering - if you can't or don't want to try to get to the store or your local stores are running low.On the theme of COVID-19, we've seen some interesting "trends" in the sub. People asking for a lot of child development advice being the biggest one. We understand pediatricians are canceling well visits or doing teleconferencing and this can feel scary. Your child's doctors are assessing risk. They are deciding who should risk potential contamination by coming in right away to see a doctor and who should stay home because being in the medical office is far more dangerous.⚠⚠Moms and dads, please contact your medical providers if you have concerns about your child. If they are not going to see you - this is a good indicator that your child's situation is not dire and can wait. While this may be frustrating, confusing, or scary - it is good news. It means your child is currently healthy and whatever you are doing at home is enough.Certainly, support for medical situations is allowed but we are drawing the mod reigns a little tighter on these posts because they are very quickly turning from support to diagnosis. This just isn't the appropriate forum for that.Thanks all, have a good week, don't panic, and try to find ways to relax if you can. Feel free to rant in the comments or let us know how you're feeling or what you're doing to cope during this time. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2VDImVH

No comments:

Post a Comment