Sunday, 19 April 2020

Can we stop the "I have it harder than you" responses?


I keep seeing this. A post will say something like "I have a newborn baby at home and I'm really struggling" and a response would be "count yourself lucky, I had THREE, you're basically on easy mode". It isn't Top Trumps.It helps nothing to essentially brag you have it harder. A response such as "I feel you, parent of three little ones here" is a much nicer way of saying the same thing, without being nasty.I have just the one baby, 8 months old, and she is HARD work. Do other people have it harder? Absolutely. But if I ever need to vent I'd like to think I'd get support rather than snark from this community. A lot of posts here are from people at the end of their tether, I wouldn't want them to be sent over the edge or feel like they're worthless because they can't deal with 'just' one baby for example. :) via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/34MJ5bl

No comments:

Post a Comment