Saturday, 22 February 2020

New parent. Just need to rant.


Hello all,Obligatory on mobile spiel. My apologies for any mistakes!I just need to rant. And cry. And scream. Sorry.I've graduated to becoming a first time momma on Feb 21, 2020. Its exciting. I was proud and happy. But now the realities are setting in. We've already had a rough 3 days of no sleep, labour and delivery. I'm sore. I'm tired. I have stitches. My body hurts. My mind is all over the place.The baby cries and cries and cries. Sometimes nothing can soothe him. My milk hasn't come in yet and everything is already cracked from trying. We've been supplementing with the formula from the hospital but I think it makes him gassy. Poor guy, we can hear the gurgle in his tummy and no amount of burping and sitting up is helping.I'm already feeling like a failure of a parent. He breaks through my swaddles. Hes hungry. Hes tired. He hates getting his diaper changed. Everything I help him with is a slow turtle process. Sometimes I honestly dont know what he wants or what to do.On top of that, I'm feeling for my husband. This is also all so scary and new to him as well and he is trying his best to help. I keep thinking to myself what have I done? We are no longer a twosome but a threesome. Will we ever have time to ourselves again that we so selfishly enjoy. How will I do this all by myself when he needs to go back to work?Sorry for the super downer post. I know I should be so happy for a bouncing baby boy! And I am. I'm just so scared.Any tips, advice, or guidance will be greatly appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2T7P1WY

No comments:

Post a Comment