Friday, 3 January 2020

Son is questioning Holocaust. Not sure how to deal with this.


Recently my son's eighth grade class has been studying Nazi Germany and The Holocaust.He started doing some research on his own using the internet and he's now skeptical of the number of Jews killed in concentration camps. This has been very upsetting for me and his teacher. I told him if he wouldn't agree that six million Jews were killed in concentration camps, I would take away his XBox as punishment. His mother, who I share custody with, says this is unfair and that he should be allowed to form his own opinion on the matter. How can I protect my son from antisemitism and internet hate.I'm also considering severely limiting his internet access as well. Simply baffled at the situation. He's been a good kid up until now. This really came out of nowhere for me. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2FlJBBg

No comments:

Post a Comment