
I just need some hope right now!I’m in a bad place with my mental health. I have a sweet 3 year old likely autistic son.He can talk in 4-5 word sentences and answer very simple questions: “What’s the cat doing?” “Playing with a ball!” “What’s that!?” “A giraffe!” He can ask for anything he wants.However, he has a speech delay and is in speech therapy because he can’t converse or answer more complicated questions. He’s not potty trained yet. He doesn’t make eye contact. He has tons of echolalia in addition to original speech.No one will tell me anything prognostic: good, bad, or ugly. His speech therapist told me some kids with skills like his make progress, but some don’t. She scared the crap out of me—like I walked out of her office and considered just leaping in front of traffic.I’m absolutely terrified. It’s good that he has some speech, right? That means he has a chance of being high functioning? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2QpDfHi
No comments:
Post a Comment