Friday, 3 January 2020

My Mother in law just told my wife “no wonder she (my daughter) doesn’t like him after I had to discipline my daughter.


I recently moved from my home city to my wife’s home city, and it has been an adjustment. My folks are much more disciplinary than my in-laws, I like to think that I split the difference, but it’s apparent now I’m here that the gap is much wider than I thought.My brother and sister in law are of the persuasion that children should make all their own decisions including a diet with next to no nutritional value, no respect for family or strangers, and a lack of potty skills (their five year old is just getting out of diapers). I know my mother and father in law don’t approve of that either but it still seems sometimes like I’m the only one interested in telling my daughter “no” sometimes.We were leaving the park and my daughter didn’t want to leave and started crying. After I let her cry a bit I told her that she needed to calm down, she was ramping up and I could tell it wasn’t 100% genuine. She screamed at me and I told her no sternly and when I got her out of the car seat I told her if she can’t be nice she would have to have a time out. That’s when my mother in law leaned in to my wife and told her “no wonder she doesn’t like him.” My wife told her “he’s the enforcer”In all honesty, I hate being the bad guy all the time. But I feel like I’m the only one trying to keep my daughter from acting out sometimes. Is it a sad reality that my life is just going to be doing what needs to be done to no appreciation? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MV1Hhr

No comments:

Post a Comment