
To start off, I'm going to be looking into therapy for my daughter. But I don't know what to do with her until then.We're living at my mother-in-law's for the next few months due to financial difficulties. She has been home schooling my daughter until I can get her registered for school (there is a ton of hoops I have to jump through to get her into this school). She also hand made us stockings for Christmas, has been playing games with my kids to entertain them, hand sewn stuffed animals, fed them meals, bent over backwards to make sure they have everything they need and pretty much been an awesome additional care giver. I have zero complaints.Today, my seven year old basically told her that she doesn't give a shit about anything my mother-in-law has done for her and that she'd be happier somewhere else. My mother-in-law said that that hurt her feelings and my daughter replied that she didn't care. My mother-in-law asked how she'd feel if she never got the toys and things that she gave her and did for her. My daughter replied that she'd just get them from someone else. She showed zero remorse.When my husband and I got home, we sat her down and told her that she was being rude and inconsiderate and not only needed to apologize, but that she would lose her tablet and TV privileges and her stuffed animals were going to be completely confiscated for a week. When asked to explain her behavior, she couldn't give a straight answer.While doing chores today, she kept saying that she was having a lot of fun. I'm out of ideas. My punishment isn't punishment. And she still has flippant attitude. What do I do? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2twX0U7
No comments:
Post a Comment