
I don’t ever really get involved when it comes to my friends and their parenting/life choices but I’m honestly fearful for my friend and her infant baby. She lives in a state where they are known to prosecute mothers in particular for infant deaths related to co sleeping. She mentioned to me casually that she has co slept with her baby since she was born. I thought she originally meant having a bassinet in her room as for the first few weeks/first month my husband and I plan to do that as well - but no, she meant that her baby sleeps with her and her SO in a small full-sized bed. With a dog.Not only is she having her baby sleep with her, a dog and her SO but she told me her SO is a serious alcoholic. So he often stumbles into bed drunk and passes out like the dead. He even just got a DUI. It worries me because if something happens to her baby, and especially because they were drinking or he was extremely drunk, she could be sent to prison as well as lose her baby permanently. If she tells the wrong person, CPS can actually take her kid.Should I talk to her about my concerns? I just never expected her to be so irresponsible. Before you co sleeping people come at me and say there’s nothing wrong, I respect your opinion but I don’t agree and clearly multiple people and professionals don’t either as in some states they are pushing to create laws to make it criminal if a baby dies. Maybe some of you got lucky but there’s too many kids dying and I don’t want my friend’s kid to be one of them. I’m asking for advice on how to broach the subject or if I should even voice my concerns at all - not here to debate the pros and cons of co sleeping as no opinions will change my personal views on it. It’s not a debate, just a welfare concern. Advice is welcome! Thank you! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2ZNyY3o
No comments:
Post a Comment