Monday, 6 January 2020

Fighting and bickering children - What are your disciplinary techniques and approaches?


I'm curious to hear what all of you do to handle young siblings who fight and bicker. In instances where I know who the guilty party is, I've instituted a new disciplinary approach which I've aptly titled "Boss Time".Basically, when one child wrongs another (hits, insults, etc), the victim typically receives 5-10 minutes of boss time over the guilty party. During this time, the "Boss" can tell the sibling to do any reasonable task, which typically involves making their bed or cleaning their room for them, or scrubbing a toilet for their amusement. Failure to comply results in extended boss time or further escalated punishment.Once my son(6) made my other son(8) write him a card telling him that he was a cool brother and that he was "King of Smash Bros". I typically oversee the boss time to ensure no commands are made that are cruel or unreasonable.I've found this technique so far to work quite well. It has helped deter frequent fighting and often results in entertaining stories to share and memories to recall in the future.​What are some approaches you all take to handle constant fighting between children? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2s07E5D

No comments:

Post a Comment