
My oldest is 23 months and my youngest is three weeks, and this is a lesson I've learned the hard way that I want to share:Failing isn't failure.I was like most parents. I started out with a solid plan that covered everything from bonding and attachment through to good nutrition.When #2 made himself known, I updated that plan to include maintaining bond and attachment with #1 while meeting the needs of #2.I have failed at every turn. My oldest lives on a steady diet of macaroni cheese while my youngest is mix fed because I needed others to help and wasn't producing enough to EBF and store.My oldest gets cuddles in between feeds of the youngest, and he's slept in his own bed ONCE since youngest was born.But you know what? It's okay. My oldest is quick to help me with youngest. At the first meeting he patted his baby brother's belly gently and stroked his head. He fetches a dummy without being asked. He rocks him in his rocker if he cries.As for my youngest, he's finally started putting on weight now that I can let others help with feeds. They're both getting quality time because I'm not burned out. They'll be okay.So I failed, but I'm not a failure. My kids are okay, they're happy and thriving, and that matters more than whether everything went to plan. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MUEk7X
No comments:
Post a Comment