
We just had a son, our daughter is 2, second child wasn’t planned, we talked about having two but every day dealing with a toddler whose sick/tired/fussy probably would’ve made us reconsider, that decision was pulled from Us 9 months ago.My wife had subtle depression after our daughter was born, typical first time mother issues like not feeling bonded or motherly, especially since she breastfed and felt like she was a slave to the child every day and night, understandable, so she’s been on antidepressants since then (still is). We both panicked with the second because we are both lazy procrastinators who like to relax and not do anything on the weekends (you see where this is going)...Well our son was born, probably the easiest birth ever...contractions started at noon,six hours later he was born, no issues no pain (epidural). Our parents had our Daughter for a week. Once we got Home I started to really notice things.My wife just looks like she’s dead inside, there’s that zombie look on her face like she’s just going through life with no joy, she had a breakdown regarding how life was already difficult with a toddler and we had it so Good (she was asleep by 7 and slept 12 hours every night) and we would have every evening To ourselves, and now that was gone, up every 2 hours and what if he doesn’t sleep, our old life is gone and our marriage will only become more strained and exhausting.I have all the same worries and am secretly losing it inside but I feel like I’m the only thing holding this family together so I have to be the one who is reassuring/supportive, but It pains me to see the dead expression on my wife’s face all day, and nothing do seems to help..she pretends like she’s fine but I can see otherwise.What the hell am I supposed to do? I am used to and exhausted and in pain, I do most of the chores/cleaning but now I feel helpless and am losing hope. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/35sP7wn
No comments:
Post a Comment