Friday, 3 January 2020

Are most of us being lied to (about childcare)?


I have recently attempted to start my 20 m.o. daughter at a high quality/rating childcare facility that has rooms for kids ranging from infants to 1st grade. They have their own kitchen and provide all food/snacks (no outside food allowed). I have toured several places and it was the best I had seen, with the higher price tag to match.1. The 1st day I forgot to sign out and got an app notification that my daughter had all of her PM snack (banana) - she wasn't present.2. Next time I was in the room when AM snack was served and my daughter tasted the apple sauce from pouch and refused to have it. The fancy app notified me my daughter at ALL of her apple sauce. If I wasn't there at the time I would be happily stocking up on apple sauce at home.3. The first time I left my daughter I stayed in the hallway and she was pulling on the door handle crying and calling me the entire 15 min before I came back into the room. I was told if the child doesn't stop crying after 10-15 min they call the parent. This bit I was told at another school where my older (now 5y.o.) daughter started at 3.5 and she was still crying and sitting in the same chair 45 min later when I looked into the classroom window from outside.Yes, some parents have to go to work and have no choice but to accept a certain level of ignorance, and caring for small children is very hard, but is embellishing child's experience at school a norm? Fine, maybe some of it is meant to be empathy for the parents, but what about lying what a child eats at school? What if a child stops gaining weight and growing, which will take a few months to detect and connect the dots?How much of this is about individual caregiver/teacher and what should we as parents expect from the provider and management? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MPh8aP

No comments:

Post a Comment