
I’ve known a few people who have lost children, and they are literally just “gone” after that — the person they were before that loss is no more. They sleepwalk through life, numb, faking emotions, just utterly dead inside. I believe they’re trying their best to hold it together for their other kids, but what about the parents who only have one child? I’ve not come across anyone who has lost their only child and I’m wondering how anyone could move on, and why they’d even want to.I honestly have no idea how these parents are able to cope with this. It boggles my mind that someone could lose a child and then just go back to work and life and try to move on. How do you get over that? Is it even really possible?If I lost my son, that would be it for me. All of the light and color and beauty and happiness of this world would be no more, and I would have no reason to go on living.Thoughts from other parents of only children? I know it’s not a happy subject, but I’m genuinely interested to know the thoughts of other one-child parents. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2TbFhth
No comments:
Post a Comment