Saturday, 22 December 2018

15 year old son is asking what I feel are personal questions about sex.


My wife has been telling me about the conversations our son starts with her every so often when she picks up after school. None of the questions were too alarming and seemed fairly normal. However, during a couple of these conversations he started to ask invasive questions, in my opinion. He was asking how often my wife and I have sex but that wasn't the question that bothered me. He asked her about how most women bleed during their first time and he also asked her if she bled during her first time. For the record, she did not answer that question.I've had talks with him before as well as his older brother when they were about 13 and 15 when I paper with a porn site written on it in one of their rooms. It wasn't anything too weird or personal, just the differences between porn and real intercourse etc. I know everyone is different in terms of curiosity. But speaking from my childhood I never had any conversations with my parents other than stuff about safe sex.I asked my wife to call his school counselor to maybe speak with him and see if there is more going on than just harmless curiosity. Are we overreacting or is this normal topics of discussion for a growing teen? Also, if it makes any difference, he is my step son and has been for about 10 years now. Thanks in advance. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2EF4BDI

No comments:

Post a Comment