Sunday, 2 December 2018

My Kids are Really Misbehaved, and it is making me hate spending time with them.


Dark content warning. My youngest is currently receiving psychological assistance for what may be ADHD, that is the caveat. Both of my children are manipulative, dishonest little maniacs who get whatever they want thanks to my husband who undermines every last attempt I make at structure or discipline. I have a difficult time doing this to begin with. I’m a kid of an extremely abusive family with lottttts of loud noises and yelling. We live in a small house now, and the constant noise makes me feel like my head is caving in. I’m on benzodiazepines and still, I am panic attack city. Nobody seems to think their behavior has anything to do with it, despite my constant pleading and begging them to STOP. I have communicated this every way I know how, and Nobody listens. I can’t stand it anymore. This is why moms run away from their families. This is it, right here. I love my family so much, but I strongly feel like being with them is truly bad for me. I am telling you, they are making my life miserable. I can’t make my kids stop. When I take things away, dad gives them back. If I leave for a minute, the behavior chart gets scrapped. The video games are going constantly, despite all my efforts to put a limitation on them. If I try to make them eat a healthy dinner, they boycott and then dad comes home with effing Burger King.Since I am the mother, guess who the teachers come to when the behavior in class is atrocious and the grades are terrible? Duh! It’s me.This is not the life I want. I want us to be in nature and connected to the world around us, and instead it’s just agitation and pain. Somebody, please suggest something before I find some horrible way to escape, because right now that is all I can think of. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2RtvYUX

No comments:

Post a Comment