Sunday, 2 December 2018

An update and my thanks for the advice


So i posted this post yesterday and the advice I got was a great help. I took the plunge and we went to the store together (we always go for drives to talk to get some quiet and privacy).I have this tendency to build things up in my head, I know this. The talk we had was better than I ever could have hoped for. She is a very smart little kid, and asked all the right questions (How can we help mommy? Is she still making bad choices? etc). I was very positive about her mother, and still in all this time have never said anything negative against her and I think that helped with this talk.At the end of it (we talked for maybe a half hour) she made it all worth it, the worrying, the stress, all of it by saying "Thank you for telling me, Daddy, I feel better now that I know why." Took everything i had to not cry right then and there.Thank you all for the advice and helping a man who maybe worries too much to approach this right and make it healthy. This is a conversation I know I will never forget and I think it will be with her for a long time too.I'll see you all in a couple years with another post when her sister gets old enough and gets curious :) via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Pafpvj

No comments:

Post a Comment