Sunday, 2 December 2018

80’s Science Fair reminds us to chill


So my daughter showed me the below video and it reminded me of the Science Fair we had at school in maybe 6th, 7th or 8th grade.The night before I realized I had nothing, zilch, nada on something we were supposed to have worked on for months. I got a wooden board, painted it black and glued on white styrofoam balls that may or may not have been an accurate representation of the planets and the sun. I think they were all the same size. And they were all white. I think I tried to spray paint them and they dissentigrated. Maybe I labeled them, Maybe not.I have no doubt that there was much instruction on hypotheses, scientific method, variables, etc. that was taught to us in preparation for this “experiment”. Can you even imagine what the instructors thought when they walked by my board o’ crap with wet paint still on it?In hindsight, I think it was one of my best friends Braden who may have saved me from an F that day (I got a D-). Braden had some really cool experiment that culminated in his Boom Box turned all the way up blasting music by AC/DC in the cafeteria complete with echoing acoustics.I don’t really remember exactly how it went down, but in my mind I remember that as the faculty were standing there waiting to see what my project actually did (spoiler-it did nothing), Braden’s experiment was successful and as “Big Balls” (no kidding 😂😂😂😂) reverberated across the cafeteria, the teachers all ran from my “experiment” to shut down Braden’s.So whenever your kid procrastinates and pulls out the proverbial crappy wet paint board and turns it in, remember I did the same thing and actually went on to write a dissertation.And if you are the parent of a Braden, well that’s just all kinds of awesome and you hit the jackpot 😃❤️Enjoy!https://youtu.be/R1DGeeQk8ys via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2FYtNaz

No comments:

Post a Comment