Saturday, 22 December 2018

Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease for Christmas!


Today we found out that my nephew, whom is under a year old and in daycare, has hand, foot, and mouth disease.Despite everyone being expected to attend Christmas Eve at my dad's house, we found this out purely by chance when my boyfriend ran into my brother while we were out running errands; brother admitted that nephew has the virus, and boyfriend confirmed that it was visually evident on the baby's face. Brother then casually asked if we were going, and implied that he would see us there...WHAT?!No one even bothered to call to warn us that my nephew has this highly contagious virus.I know that my dad is going to be absolutely devastated when I call to tell him that we don't want to come if my brother isn't going to keep his sick baby at home; which, in my opinion, is their fucking responsibility. There are going to be several other kids there under the age of ten, and from what I read, even adults can catch it.I have never missed a Christmas with my dad, and I feel that it is extremely unfair of my brother to risk exposing everyone to the virus.I don't even like the idea of my sister going & coming back into the same environment as my baby, but, there is no way anyone is going to talk her out of going.I'm even paranoid about accepting our gifts after everyone has been touching everything over there!Does Lysol kill this virus?I am going to call my dad to confirm that my brother is indeed bringing his baby, and maybe suggest that we do our Christmas a day early to avoid our baby getting infected; I'm honestly scared of how this conversation is going to go, considering there has already been some family tension as of recently due, in fact, to my brother acting like an ass.Shit, I'm paranoid to take my baby over there at all if my brother already has taken my nephew to the house to germ it all up.This is mostly a rant, but, I'm also looking for some support, and any advice on how we can avoid letting our baby get infected; she's 22 months old. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2PUAtWR

No comments:

Post a Comment