Saturday, 22 December 2018

Still concerned, but everything seems... Oddly ok...


Long story short: In October, I had to kick my wife out. Years of alcohol abuse, 4 rehabs, nothing stuck. Culminated in her making plans to drug (potentially kill) me and kidnap daughter. Down to naming and having access to the prescriptions and dosages. 2 DUI less than 2 weeks apart.Wife moved to her mothers, in a different state. Talked with daughter about spring break, getting sober, all looked okay. Marriage dead but good communication.To the now: Daughter is 10, advanced, and a geek. We have been doing great. Made it through the first "monthly", first sleepover at our place... Ever! And approaching our first xmas alone. One issue at a mall... Daughter saw someone who looked like wife and went into full panic attack mode. i had to carry her to the car.Just found out Thursday that wife went on bender. Hurt someone, no cops called, but kicked out of her mothers house. No contact since then. No idea where she is. Only a Thursday night 3am call-barrage of "take me back i changed".Daughter heard me talking to my mom. Asked about where her mom is... I said i don't know.(we have an honesty thing.)Daughter was ecstatic, said it was the best present she could get if her mom just disappeared.Now, i did the "your mom still loves" thing... She laughed. Therapist says she is okay, in fact processing better than most...No self harm (dr. exam and therapist confirm), outlet for anger is her cosplay videos which are on a controlled account (aka I have to approve everything) and Overwatch (she's better than me). And Pokemon at the local game store while I play warhammer.Did i luck out or is there something I need to watch out for? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2T0Vr8o

No comments:

Post a Comment