Thursday, 17 May 2018

Help me understand - Girl fashion question


My tween daughter has mentioned several times that she admires a friend who dresses fashionably at school.This girl has a very similar wardrobe to my daughter's. The only difference is that my daughter just won't wear these types of clothes, even though she owns them. They sit in her closet, many with tags still on, while my daughter chooses daily outfits that consist of older tee shirts and athletic shorts.I've offered to help her coordinate these outfits, so she understands what pieces go together, but she throws a fit and takes them all off and puts the athletic clothes back on.I have also taken my daughter shopping and, for years, said let's buy what you want to wear so we don't have a wardrobe of clothes that are never worn.So, color me confused. I've told her that her athletic clothes are fine by me for school days (and most every day other than a state occasion), but I don't know how to help her if she really is interested in dressing up a bit.Please help me understand what she wants here! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2wONRaN

No comments:

Post a Comment