
Head's up, this is just a rant. I'm happy to review and consider any advice/support given, but in the final analysis, I know not much, if anything, can be done.Colic-ky newborn. That's really all that's needed to be said, but here's some context.My girlfriend and I met last June. She's incredible. She's a physician, I'm a nurse. She's wonderful and I love her very much. Shortly after meeting her, we found out we were pregnant. We quickly moved in together and started the foundation of our relationship, acutely aware that we needed to make a concerted effort to get to know each other and spend time together before the baby arrived. I have 2 boys, ages 7 and 3 from a previous marriage whom I share with my ex and have in the house approximately half the time, and she assimilated into my pre-existing family like a champ. Enter baby being born last month...At first it was sublime. We were enamored with our new addition and she was calm and angelic. Bringing her home was a joy and we were both able to take time off of work to spend time together with her and each other. Everything was great. At approximately 4ish weeks after her birth, she started to become fussy for no apparent reason. With both our backgrounds in healthcare, we were aware that it might be colic, a catch-all, idiopathic "condition" whereby babies are inconsolable for reasons unknown.Neither of us is particularly patient. I believe I am more than she, and I honestly think she would admit the same. We work well together and communicate, but there is a growing rift. Sex is non-existent and has been since the birth, but most of that is to be expected. Now that she has healed from the delivery we would like to try, but can't seem to find a spare calm moment to ourselves to even explore it.It's absolutely maddening not being able to set her down. Doing everything one-handed. Passing her back and forth when we've reached our limits of dealing with a screaming baby. We've done our reading and are trying all methods from reputable sources with little success.If I'm being purely objective, I know this will pass. Current literature says that colic usually resolves at 3-6mo of age. I know that I have no control over it, and that she is both healthy and well taken care of. I just needed to vent to a community of people that may have endured similar hardships and understand the strain it can put on your relationship. I appreciate all who made it through the entire post.tl;dr - baby with colic causing extreme stress to two individuals who are not particularly patient, and putting a strain on a relatively new relationship. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Ky8jil
No comments:
Post a Comment