
Tldr: Ok so this is going to be a long post to explain a bit of back history. But I need some advise and perspective regarding beauty pageants at 4 years old. I'm against it and the mother is for it. Co-parenting is uh well not existent on is issue since I am a man and there have no understanding and "say" when it comes to issues relating to little girl desires and needs. (I've had emergency temporary full custody and she only has visitation rights- promise there are good reasons why I have them.)So I have a 4 year old and have emergency temp custody. Unmarried single father and have full temp custody and she has only visitation rights. Without getting in to a lot of details there is good reason why I have temp custody and her mother has some undiagnosed/ untreated mental illnesses that causes extreme concern.She is trying to push the whole beauty pageant thing. At 4 years of age a beauty pageant is nothing more then dress up and pretend princess and probably every little girl would be excited about do it.I'm very conflicted on how I feel about this. I think overall as a whole is disturbing for young girls to participate in considering its only judged based on appearances, poise, and personality. My ex is pushing the professional done hair and make up, ears pierced, paying "professional pageant coach" style circuit pageants. Think toddlers and Tiaras and my ex first the mold of "those mothers" There are like monthly pageants all over the state and country that she wants our daughter in.She is trying to convince me by saying she will win scholarships, learn leadership skills and a bunch of other things. I cant help but question the validity of that and can't help but think she is trying to live through our daughter for her on selfishness. She is very much a facebook/Instagram type mom but can't keep any other part of her life together.I still feel the same way for the local but pure natural no make up just a fancy dress type pageant. I guess those are not as bad but still.I guess what I'm saying what would you do? I have some pretty strong reservations pretaining to the kind of message a glits and glamor pageant and the impacts on our daughters perception of her self.The money aspect aside what are the pros and cons of this?I understand the older kid/teen beauty pageant have some merits and scholarships. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2FbGJZN
No comments:
Post a Comment